Enabler (Care worker) – St David’s House Residential Care
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year (job share available)
Closing Date: Sunday 24th November 2019
St David’s House – our residential centre for young adults with sight loss – is a unique place offering fantastic opportunities for our residents to experience rich and fulfilling lives.
As a care worker supporting young people in their on-site lodge no two days will be the same. You might be assisting with residential activity holidays, swimming, cycling or even helping with a bit of retail therapy. What you won’t be is bored!
At WESC Foundation we aspire to provide the best possible care whilst challenging our young people to develop their skills and maintain as much independence as possible.
On the edge of Exeter City Centre, WESC Foundation provides staff access to wonderful on-site facilities, including;
- 6 weeks annual leave plus statutory bank holidays (pro rata for part time roles)
- Free onsite parking
- Gym facilities and “staff swim” sessions in our heated swimming pool
- “Introduce a Friends” incentive programme
- Excellent induction training
- Training to achieve NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- Free 24 access to a confidential employee assistance scheme. This includes access to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and other professions who can help people deal with all kinds of practical and emotional issues.
- Fabulous young people to work with
- Rewarding career
- Beautiful grounds
Plus we have introduced a new shift system which ensures that you know when you will be working a year in advance!
In exchange we need you to be passionate about delivering the very best care and support for our young people with complex disabilities, prepared to deliver outstanding provision as part of a caring team.
How to apply
If this sounds like your dream job contact us on 01392 454203 and come and see for yourself why this is such a wonderful place to work.
CV’s alone will not be accepted