Working for us
Working for WESC Foundation gives you the chance to join a successful and growing organisation and make a positive difference to the lives of those with a visual impairment and other disabilities. We offer a range of opportunities based at our Exeter campus which will be advertised here.
We employ varied positions including care workers, teaching staff, domestic, catering, and staff who support our young people to live independent lives. We also employ fundraising, administrative and business support staff.
One of the biggest benefits of working for a charity is knowing that the hours you spend at work actually make a difference to people’s lives.
Here are some of the other benefits we offer:
- competitive salaries
- six weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- contributory pension scheme
- wide range of in-house training opportunities
- flexible working patterns
- access to our onsite pool and gym
- subsidised café
How to apply
You can apply online for any of our vacancies. Alternatively you can download a MS Word version of the application form, or request it in other formats such as large print or Braille.
Please note: we cannot accept CVs from applicants
Each application will be considered on its merits in line with our recruitment and selection policy.
You must explain how you meet the criteria in the person specification for each post that you apply for. If you do not, you are unlikely to be short-listed.
Eligibility to apply
These posts are only open to people eligible to work in the UK.
Disclosure and Barring checks
All posts are conditional subject to an enhanced DBS certificate and registration with the update service.
You can gain work experience with WESC Foundation through fundraising or volunteering in your area.
As a Disability Confident Employer we have committed to:
- ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- communicating and promoting vacancies
- offering an interview to disabled people
- anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
Disability Confident Employers are recognised as going the extra mile to make sure disabled people get a fair chance.
If you have any questions about applying for a job with us, call us on 01392 454200 and ask to speak to an HR administrator or email firstname.lastname@example.org