Work experience introduces our young people to a range of experiences. It also offers an insight into the world of work.
Work experiences helps develop skills and experiences including:
- preparing for work
- travelling to work
- working with other people in a team
- practising communication skills
- considering others’ points of view
- learning how and where they can make their contribution in a commercial environment.
We build work experience into each student’s weekly College timetable. This ensures that they exceed the recommended ten days of work experience per academic year. Ther is also a continuity of attendance, consistency of purpose and reinforcement of skills.
WESC Foundation has excellent links with a number of partners. This gives our students a wide choice of organisations to choose from. We have previously worked with businesses including:
- Exeter City Football Club
- Café 24 at Countess Wear
- Topsham Garage
- Exeter Community Centre
- Sense Cafe 55
- Exmouth Open Door Cafe
- St Sidwell’s Community Cafe
- Cats Protection Rehoming Centre
- Countess Wear Community School.