What we do
The WESC Foundation is a specialist day and residential centre offering a unique experience for young people and adults with visual impairment including complex needs. Our commitment is to excellence and innovation at a national and international level.
We provide high-quality education and care that increases our learners’ opportunities and raises their expectations.
By working with universities and international specialists, we are advancing our knowledge and practice of neuro-science, making us a leading specialist centre for visual impairment.
Our innovative learner-centred approach applies the latest techniques designed to transform the lives of our young people and adults.
We are committed to inclusion, increasing independence, achieving results and creating a fun and social place to live and study.
What we offer
WESC Foundation offers the following range of placements to suit the individual need:
- full-time day or residential placements for 38 weeks of the academic year
- all-year-round residential placements in St David’s House
- part-time day or residential placements
- outreach services – offering support in mainstream and specialist schools, colleges and universities
- short respite breaks in our residential houses for young people and adults.
Our well planned and adapted campus provides a safe, happy and social place for young people and adults.