Many of the special things we do are not paid for by local councils. As a result they would not possible without the generous help of our supporters and donors.
Thanks to you were are able to transform the lives of blind and partially sighted young people with complex needs.
- Special communications aids. These are essential for young people who have difficulty in speaking. These children and young adults often rely on special devices to help communicate.
- Sensory equipment e.g. squishy bouncy balls and weighted blankets
- Mobility equipment e.g. a long white cane.
- Clothing and outdoor equipment to enable our students to take part in the Ten Tors Jubilee Challenge
- Buoyancy aids to help with hydrotherapy or use in the pool.
- Arranging access to sensory experiences and therapy e.g. Riding for the Disabled.
- Specially adapted vehicles to transport young people to medical appointments, work experience placements or other activities.
How your gifts could support WESC Foundation
The easiest way to fundraise for WESC Foundation is to Make a donation. A regular payment of just £10 a month could help provide a special device for a child who has difficulty speaking. On the other hand a single gift could help pay for a mobility cane, or contribute towards the cost of an adapted car or minibus.
If a loved-one has passed away then you might want to donate in memory of them. An in-memoriam donation is an incredibly thoughtful gift, made to honour the memory of someone you loved very much.
Alternatively a Gift in your Will is a very generous way to support children and young people with little or no sight. It also comes at no cost to you during your lifetime. It’s the best way to make sure that your wishes are carried out after you’re gone. Supporters who leave a legacy make an invaluable contribution to the future of our charity.
Other ways to support us
You can still support us even if you can’t make a donation yourself. Why not think about taking on a challenge event like the Three Peaks Challenge?
Look out for details of our next fundraising events like our annual golf day, pub quizzes and skydives.
We have also put together an A to Z of fundraising ideas to give you some inspiration.
How we fundraise
We’re registered with the Fundraising Regulator, showing that we have committed to follow the Code of Fundraising Practice.