Help us transform lives today
Children and young adults with complex needs and visual impairment often face barriers to learning, living and taking an active, independent place in society. We know that without specialist support they’ll miss out on the same opportunities and life chances as their sighted peers.
With your help WESC Foundation can continue to inspire, challenge and empower them to live their best lives.Donate now
Making a difference
Our young people receive baseline funding from local authorities to pay for the basics of their education or support, but it’s not enough.
We need your help to provide: the specialist equipment that makes all the difference to these young lives.
We need your help to make sure that we can give the best support to someone navigating childhood with a vision impairment.
We need your help to make sure that we can employ the best staff to help someone communicate, or walk, or make choices in their life for the first time.
We depend on you
Here are a few examples of what we fundraise for:
- Adapting our campus to create accessible learning and living that meets the changing needs of our young people
- Specialist communications aids (essential for young people who have difficulty in speaking and therefore rely on augmentative and alternative communication).
- Sensory equipment like squishy bouncy balls and weighted blankets
- Clothing and outdoor equipment to enable our students to take part in the Ten Tors Jubilee Challenge
- Buoyancy aids to assist with hydrotherapy
- Arranging access to therapeutic and/or sensory experiences including Riding for the Disabled or outdoor activities.
- Specially adapted vehicles to transport young people to medical appointments, work experience placements or other activities.
We rely on the generosity of others to ensure the children and young people have a memorable time at the WESC Foundation.
With the help and support from our staff and our wonderful supporters the children and young people leave us with a solid foundation needed for a brighter future.